Partner, Head of Baltic M&A practice group
Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate and Commercial Property, Competition, Taxation, Pharmaceutical and Medicine Law
- 2001 partner at TARK GRUNTE SUTKIENE
- 1996 attorney at TARK GRUNTE SUTKIENE
- 1997 University of Connecticut, USA (LL.M. Edmund S. Muskie Scholarship)
- 1996 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (B.A. cum laude)
- 1995 Academy of American and International Law, Southwestern Legal Foundation, Dallas, USA
has published several articles about international taxation, securities and corporate law, including
- compiler of the book "Mergers and Acquisitions - from Preparation to Closing", 2011
- co-author of the book "Dispute Resolution", 2009
- co-author of the book „Regulation of relations between owners of „growth companies“. Kasvuettevõtted, 2008
- compiler of the book “Mergers and Acquisitions: An Alternative to Organic Business Growth”, 2007
- compiler of the first ever Estonian language book on legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions
Sports Direct International plc will acquire 60% of Sportland Group - May 2013
TARK GRUNTE SUTKIENE advised Ingman Group on the acquisition of a holding in Trigon Dairy Farming Estonia - May 2013
- 2000 International Bar Association
- 2000 Southwestern Legal Foundation Alumni Association
- 1996 Estonian Bar Association
- 1997 University of Connecticut Law School Alumni Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- In Chambers Global and Chambers Europe Corporate and M&A practice is praised by sources: "Definitely our preferred firm in the Baltics." "Great commercial awareness and understanding of our aims." Sources say Risto Vahimets is "just brilliant – he's pragmatic and to the point." Risto Vahimets is a standout player in the real estate market, according to contemporaries. Clients appreciate his "co-operative and customer-friendly approach" to projects.
- According to Legal500, Tark Grunte Sutkiene acts on some of the largest real estate transactions in the Baltics. Practice head Risto Vahimets is "a hugely capable real estate expert."
- IFLR1000 recommends Tark Grunte Sutkiene as one of the leading firms in financial and corporate area. It's been a busy year in M&A for the firm with leading lawyer Risto Vahimets leading teams on the key deals.
Estonian, English, Finnish, Russian